Are you looking for that wow-factor for your next home date night or summer dinner party (ok, I know those aren’t really happening right now, but a girl can dream!) This salad is IT. Grilled romaine (don’t knock it til you try it, promise!), EASY homemade caesar, herbed breadcrumbs. Serve it up with a hot grilled steak (or veggie burger, your call). DONE. This might be my favorite recipe I’ve made in a WHILE. I’m dreaming about it right now…
It’s like you walked into a restaurant. But you didn’t. That’s my house. Literally on top of my kids’ paint-stained play table. Zero class. It can be your un-classy classy dinner side, too!Don’t be deterred by the three parts- this recipe is super easy (and delicious!)
1 head of romaine per person, sliced in half
olive or avocado oil
Brush or spray romaine on both sides with oil. Lightly sprinkle with sea salt.
- Heat a grill pan or grill to medium high. Sear until just starting to turn golden and wilt slightly. Take off and serve immediately with caesar dressing and breadcrumbs or croutons.
1/2 cup mayonnaise (preferably homemade– use vegan to make this recipe vegan)
1 large clove garlic
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp capers
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
pinch sea salt
If needed: olive oil to thin slightly
- Blend all in a high speed blender or food processor (leave it as chunky as you’d like or blend until smooth). Add olive oil if needed to thin slightly (pulse until combined).
To make homemade herbed breadcrumbs:
1/4 cup breadcrumbs (we pulse stale sourdough in the food processor for chunky breadcrumbs)
1 tbsp finely chopped parsley (more for serving)
- Heat a scant drizzle of olive oil to medium in a sautee pan.
- Add breadcrumbs, a generous sprinkle of garlic powder and sea salt. Cook until golden.
- Stir in parsley just before serving, to lightly cook.