With satisfying quinoa as the base, chicken for protein (or sub chickpeas for a plant powered bowl), salty mozzarella and veggies two ways (you can swap these out for your favorite grilled/summer veggies- it’s a super versatile bowl!) there are a few components to this bowl- but thankfully, they all come together quickly (the tomatoes and corn only take about five minutes!).
You can easily shortcut this recipe by using pre-cooked chicken or pre-made pesto (my favorite pesto keeps in the fridge for a week!). As always- make it yours!
Heat of the Summer Bowl
Serves approximately 4
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- Marinated (my greek marinade is my favorite) or rotisserie chicken (chickpeas make a great sub as well)
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- avocado oil
- sea salt
- 1 cup halved small mozzarella balls (ciliegine)
- pesto to top
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Heat oven to broil.
- Heat grill or pan. Grill chicken 5-7 minutes per side if sliced or 8-10 minutes per side if whole thin breast.
- Drizzle zucchini with avocado oil and season with sea salt. Grill until soft on both side.
- Meanwhile, spread grape tomatoes and corn on a large sheet pan. Drizzle with oil and season with sea salt. Toss to combine. Broil for 5-7 minutes into tomatoes are blistered and corn is turning golden.
- Layer bowls with quinoa, chicken, vegetables and mozzarella. Serve topped with pesto.