3/4 cup warm water (not scalding!)
1 tbsp cane sugar
1 packet (2 1/4 tsp) active dry yeast (quick rising works best, here)
2–2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp olive oil (more for bowl)
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Pour (warm) water in a large bowl and sprinkle yeast on top. Lightly whisk sugar in with yeast and let sit for around 10 minutes, until bubbly.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk 2 cups flour and salt.
4. When yeast is activated, add olive oil and flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time, whisking until dough begins to form. Using hands, add in remaining flour and knead until well-combined, adding up to another 1/4 cup flour if needed. Dough should be soft and slightly sticky.
5. Drizzle a small amount of olive oil in a heat-safe bowl and place dough in bowl. Turn to cover with oil.
6. Let sit, covered (with a towel or plastic wrap) on top of preheated oven for 60 minutes.
7. Remove from oven, knead a few times and roll into a 12″ round. Place on pizza peel or baking sheet, top as desired and bake for 10-12 minutes, until crispy around the edges.