I LOVE a great antipasto platter. I remember being a kid, maybe 8 or 9 and making a beeline to the olives and artichoke hearts at parties. I love them so much I realized I could totally eat it as a full meal… so why shouldn’t I?!
This salad comes together in minutes with absolutely no cooking involved- which is my kind of summer lunch or dinner! Pack it up in a cooler for a beach trip or picnic (save the dressing until you’re ready to serve) or meal prep to enjoy all week long. This recipe first appeared in my Budget Kitchen Lunches Guide as it’s a great go-to meal to use pantry and hearty fridge items you can keep on hand, all summer long.
- If you’re crazy like my husband and don’t like arugula (just kidding, we love you anyway!), romaine or spinach make great bases.
- If you want to mix up the olives and/or artichoke hearts, feel free! Roasted red peppers and sun-dried tomatoes make great additions.
- Feel free to add any fresh summer veggies you love, cucumber and red onion go great here, as well.
- 6 cups baby arugula (or romaine, chopped)
- 4 ounces pepperoni, quartered
- 4 ounces salami, sliced
- 8 oz halved ciligene (mini mozzarella balls) or 1 large mozzarella ball (less expensive)
- 1/2 cup sliced banana peppers or pepperoncini
- 1/2 cup sliced artichoke hearts (packed in oil is preferred)
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 1/2 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp good quality balsamic (worth the spend- you only use a little and it packs a ton of flavor!)
- ½ tsp italian seasoning
- 1 clove garlic
- Pinch salt
- For vinaigrette: whisk all ingredients together. Let sit 5-10 minutes to allow the garlic flavor to mellow. Store in a jar, shake before serving.
- Arrange arugula in a large bowl or between four bowls. Assemble ingredients on top. Serve tossed with Italian vinaigrette.
If prepping ahead, keep dressing separate. Keeps in fridge 2-3 days.Print
Want more budget-friendly meals? The Budget Kitchen guide + recipe collection is here! Over 80 combined healthy and budget-friendly recipes (including 25+ delicious, prep-friendly breakfasts) and a guide to beating inflation and slashing your grocery receipt- without sacrificing taste or food quality. Click here to learn more + download the whole collection!