1/2 cup extra-ripe mashed banana (about 1 medium)
1/4 cup avocado oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
3 eggs, whisked
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 tbsp tapioca starch
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
large handful mini chocolate chips (we like the Enjoy Life brand)
1. Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, whisk together mashed banana, avocado oil, maple syrup and vanilla.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk coconut flour, tapioca starch, sea salt and baking powder.
3. Add flour mixture to liquid, whisking lightly until well combined. Add in chocolate chips and stir to combine.
4. Grease a silicone muffin pan (I find these work best with coconut flour; you could also use liners). Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full with batter.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 20-23 minutes, until tops are golden and a toothpick comes out clean.