2 cups rolled oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
¼ cup chopped walnuts
½ cup mashed banana (about 1 large soft banana).
extra 1/2 banana to top, sliced (optional)
¾ cup milk of choice
2 T maple syrup
2 T brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract or 1/2 tsp almond extract
2 large eggs or 2 flax eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease or line a muffin pan (silicone preferred).
2. In a medium bowl, mix oats, baking powder, cinnamon, sea salt and nuts.
3. In a separate large bowl, mash banana and add milk, maple syrup, brown sugar, vanilla and eggs. Whisk well.
4. Mix dry ingredients into wet.
5. Divide between 10 muffin cups. Top each with 1 slice of banana (optional).
6. Bake in oven 20-25 minutes, until set.