- 3 chicken breasts, butterflied (sliced in half widthwise to make 6 pieces total)
- Italian seasoning (as needed)
- kosher salt (as needed)
- cracked black pepper (as needed)
- garlic powder (as needed)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup basil, chiffonade
- 1–2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large ball mozarella, sliced thin
- balsamic glaze (optional- highly recommended)
- Pat chicken dry and generously season all over with Italian seasoning, kosher salt, cracked pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat oil to medium-high in a large cast-iron or sautee pan. Sear chicken for 2-3 minutes, until lightly golden. Flip and sear 2-3 minutes before adding mozarella on top. Reduce heat to medium and cover.
- Cook an additional 2-4 minutes, until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked through (internal temperature reaches 165F).
- While chicken is cooking, toss tomatoes with basil, a sprinkle of kosher salt and a generous drizzle of olive oil.
- Top cooked chicken with caprese mixture and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Serve with your favorite summer salad or crusty bread on the side!