1 lb chicken breast, diced
kosher salt and cracked pepper
1 tbsp olive oil, divided
1 tbsp butter
1 small onion, diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
2 stalks celery, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp Italian seasoning
Sea salt to taste
1 tbsp flour (use gluten-free as needed)
8 oz dry or frozen gnocchi
4 cups low-sodium broth (chicken or vegetable)
2-3 cups baby spinach, packed
¼- ½ cup half and half or heavy cream
1. Dice chicken and season with kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper. Set aside.
2. Heat a drizzle of olive oil to medium-high in a large cast-iron or saute pan.
3. Add chicken and cook, flipping as needed, until slightly golden and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
4. In a separate pot or dutch oven, heat an additional drizzle of oil to medium. Add butter to melt.
5. Stir in onion, carrots and celery. Season and cook until mostly soft.
6. Stir in Italian seasoning. Add flour and stir 20-30 seconds.
7. Stir in chicken and cover with broth.
8. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
9. Remove cover, bring to a rolling simmer and add gnocchi. Cook for 5 minutes.
10. Stir in spinach to wilt. Turn off heat, cool slightly and stir in cream or half-and-half. Season to taste and serve.