1 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup flour (white, white whole wheat or GF all purpose all work here)
1/2 cup unrefined cane sugar or brown sugar
2 tbsp ground flax seed
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 cup coconut oil or butter, melted (cooled)
1/4 cup milk of choice
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
zest of 1 large orange (about 1/2 tsp)
1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Whisk wet ingredients. Stir dry ingredients into wet. Mixture will be very thick. Stir in walnuts and dried cranberries.
- Place large spoonfuls (about 1/4) of dough evenly spaced on parchment. Pat each cookie down lightly.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes, until lightly browned on top. Let cool completely before enjoying.