Grain-free Crispy Chili Shrimp:
1 lb fresh or frozen and defrosted peeled and deveined shrimp, patted dry
1 cup almond flour
1 tbsp taco seasoning
Creamy Honey Lime Slaw:
1 bag slaw mix
1/2 cup mayonnaise (I love homemade)
2 tbsp lime juice
zest of 1/2 lime
1/2–1 tbsp honey
pinch sea salt
optional: dash cayenne for a kick
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk egg in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk almond flour with taco seasoning and salt.
- Dip shrimp first in egg and then in almond flour mixture to coat.
- Place shrimp with space between on parchment paper and bake in oven for 15 minutes. Serve on top of slaw and taco shells (or taco salad!)
- Whisk mayonnaise with lime juice, zest, honey and cayenne if using. Toss with slaw mix and season to taste.
- Serve tacos with slaw and shrimp- and avocado and cilantro if you’ve got it!