avocado oil (as needed)
1 lb ground beef
sea salt, cracker pepper and powdered ginger to taste
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 onion, sliced or diced
10 oz mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1″ ginger (about 1 tsp) grated
2 green onions, sliced thin
1 12-16 oz bag slaw mix (I like broccoli slaw, but any will do!
sea salt to taste
1 tbsp coconut aminos (more as needed; can use tamari or soy sauce- but it will be less sweet!)
splash rice vinegar to taste
- Heat a drizzle of olive or oil in a large saute pan or wok.
- Add beef, season with salt, pepper and ginger if desired and cook until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- To the same pan, add a drizzle of sesame oil and heat to medium-high.
- Add in onions and mushrooms and cook until softened. Stir in garlic and ginger until combined, about 10-15 seconds.
- Add in slaw mix, season and cook until starting to wilt. Add in beef, green onions, coconut aminos and a splash of rice vinegar.
- Let cook another couple of minutes, season to taste and serve with extra green onions, over rice or alone!