Should you buy in bulk or get a membership to a bulk store like Costco or Sam’s Club? This is one of my TOP most asked questions when it comes to grocery budgeting, so as our community Pantry Purge comes to a close… I thought I’d share with you a sneak peek of one of my Healthy Mama on a Budget lessons- the Do’s and Don’ts of Bulk Buying.
Places to shop in bulk:
- Amazon (my pantry favorites)
- Thrive Market (great prices for smaller quantity natural foods- great for special diets, there is a yearly fee). I don’t recommend them for meat- just because I find the prices to be a bit high- a pound of ground beef is $9.74-12.49 more on meat options in a minute).
- Weee (Asian/Hispanic online grocery store)
- Boxed (online bulk store like Costco- no membership fees)
- Country Life Natural Foods – Free shipping over $99, larger quantities of foods like oats and beans- for less.
- Azure Standard (Coop)– you can search for your area and connect with a local coordinator. These prices are great but you do need to purchase a larger quantity- minimum for quinoa, for instance, is 33 oz but it’s only $0.18/oz).
- Meat Delivery Options:
- Butcherbox (grass-fed beef, pasture raised chicken, wild caught fish)
- WildFork (delivery or pick up to certain locations, they have a $29 a year membership option for free shipping)
- Crowdcow (grass-fed beef, they use different farms so prices vary)
- Cooks Venture (pasture-raised chicken, grass-fed beef, pork)
- Pasturebox (more expensive- around $14/lb- but if you’re looking for a specific food value and quality, you can buy in bulk or subscribe for less.
- Goodchop (a little less expensive than butcherbox and they are committed to hormone/antibiotic free– beef, pork, poultry and seafood.)
The Healthy Mama on a Budget Spring Sale is HERE for a limited time! If you found this episode helpful and you want to dive deeper into how exactly to tackle your grocery spending once and for all and learn to eat well and spend less, you will LOVE my Healthy Mama on a Budget Course. This 6-week course is jam PACKED with exact steps and a TON of tools to reduce your grocery spending- for good, one step at a time, from creating your ideal budget, to learning how to meal plan, grocery shop strategically and cook with budget in mind, this is more than just what you do at the grocery store– this is about creating habits for eating well and spending less for LIFE. Inflation has nothing on you or the power you have to reduce your spending, while still serving your family delicious, nutrient-dense foods. For a limited time, get the entire course, including 20 budget-friendly bonus recipes as well as a limited time brand new BONUS e-book, Simply From Scratch, with 15 easy healthy staple recipes you can make from home for less instead of buying for 25% off. Click here to grab it before it’s gone!
Join the Healthy Mama Cooking Club for as little as $3 a month for weekly meal inspiration, member exclusive recipes, bonus cooking videos and quick kitchen tips, monthly bonus podcast episodes and more!