Homemade Caesar Dressing:
3/4 cup homemade mayonnaise (store bought works great, as well)
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp gluten-free worcestershire sauce
2 anchovies packed in oil or 1 tsp anchovy paste (use 2 tsp capers as an alternative)
2–4 tbsp tbsp fresh grated parmesan cheese (or nutritional yeast for dairy-free)
sea salt to taste
1 bunch kale, rinsed and dried well- deveined and chopped into bite-sized pieces 1/4-1/2 cup homemade caesar dressing
Croutons (see instructions for homemade, above)
Fresh grated or flaked parmesan
- In a food processor or immersion blender, add mayonnaise, lemon juice (start with 2 tbsp), worcestershire, anchovy paste, garlic and parmesan.
- Pulse or blend until smooth. Add more lemon juice, parmesan and/or sea salt to taste.
- Combine kale and dressing- start with 1/4 cup, depending on how large your bunch is, you may need more.
- Using clean hands, massage until kale begins to wilt slightly.
- Divide into bowls, top with croutons and fresh parmesan.