2 cups oat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
For cinnamon sugar topping-
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together softened butter and sugar.
- While mixing slowly, add in egg and vanilla extract. Mix until just combined. One cup at a time, mix in flour mixture until dough comes together.
- Cover dough and chill for at least 1 hour (1 prefer two).
- To make cinnamon sugar, combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Using a tablespoon or cookie scoop, scoop heaping 1-tbsp and roll into balls. Roll balls into cinnamon sugar mixture and place onto baking sheet, spaced 2″ apart (do not flatten- they will spread).
- Bake in preheated oven 10 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes on pan. Remove to a baking rack. Let cool and enjoy!