1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped peanuts (swap in another nut or pumpkin seeds as desired)
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Once cooked: 1 cup freeze-dried strawberries (or blueberries, or mixed berries!)
Hot Tip: Our Cooking Club manager, Dana, added an egg white to hers to make it extra crunchy (I approve!!) Whisk egg white until frothy and add after mixing oats and peanut butter mixture, before spreading.
- Preheat oven to 300. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, peanuts (or other nuts/seeds) and salt in a large bowl.
- In a small sauce pot, combine peanut butter, honey, brown sugar and coconut oil. Heat gently and whisk until liquid and combined.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Combine liquid ingredients with dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread mixture in one layer over parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes. Flip and bake another 10-15 minutes until dry and lightly golden (watch carefully to avoid over-browning).
- Let cool 10-15 minutes before crumbling. Stir in dried berries. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.