1 salmon filet per person
seasonings of choice (garlic powder, powered ginger and coriander is my go-to)
neutral cooking oil
1. Take salmon out of fridge and let sit for 10 minutes before searing.
2. Pat salmon dry and season generously with salt and seasonings of choice.
3. Let the pan get HOT before searing (medium-high). Add oil and swirl to coat pan.
4. Place salmon skin side down if you want CRISPY skin. Cook 5-6 minutes.
5. Flip and continue to cook for 3-7 minutes (thinner filets only need 7-9 minutes, thicker can need up to 10-12).
6. For cooked-through salmon, sear for 2-3 minutes per side and place in oven at 400 for 4-5 minutes post-searing. Rest before serving.