Last week after recording the Season 3 finale of the podcast with my sister and her boyfriend (it’s going to be a fun episode!) we decided to fire up the grill and we needed a side– so we threw together this delicious, perfect-for-summer pasta salad with ingredients we had on hand! It’s SO darn easy (my favorite in the summer, especially!) and 100% going to be a repeat menu item, this summer!
First up: grilled veggies.
I love getting a nice char on them- but you don’t want them totally burned. Don’t forget to toss in oil and season well before grilling! While the veggies are cooking, cook up your pasta, drain in COLD water to cool and be sure to rinse well so the pesto sticks!
Let’s fire up that grill!
Pesto Grilled Vegetable Pasta Salad
Serves 5-6 as a side
- 1 12-oz package pasta of choice (we used penne, rotini or cavatappi would work great here, as well!)
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- olive or avocado oil and sea salt, as needed
- 8 oz ciliegine mozzarella or bocconcini, diced
- 1/2 cup pesto (this is my favorite simple pesto recipe)
1. Toss vegetables in oil and sea salt. Grill until charred on the outside and fork-tender, about 5 minutes per side. Let cool slightly and chop.
2. Cook pasta in heavily salted water and drain. Rinse in cold water until cool.
3. Toss with vegetables, mozzarella and pesto.Print