1/4 cup warm water
2 tbsp + 1 tsp maple syrup
1 package active dry yeast
1 1/2–2 cups organic all purpose flour, divided
1/2 tsp sea salt
3 tbsp butter or coconut oil, melted + more for greasing pan
1/4 cup milk of choice, room temperature
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1. Preheat oven to 375. Grease a round or square baking dish with butter or coconut oil.
2. Whisk together warm (not hot) water, yeast and 2 tbsp maple syrup. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together 1 cup flour and sea salt.
4. Whisk 2 tbsp melted butter and milk into yeast mixture. Stir in canned pumpkin.
5. Slowly add flour into wet ingredients until a sticky dough has formed. Add another 1/2 cup flour, slowly, until dough is soft.
6. Remove to a floured surface and knead 1-2 minutes until smooth and elastic.
7. Cover in plastic wrap and let sit for 10 minutes.
8. After 10 minutes, remove from wrap and divide into 12 equal balls.
9. Place in greased pan, cover and let rise in a warm place (typically on the preheating oven) until at least doubled in size, 30 minutes or so. Whisk remaining butter and maple syrup and brush over rolls.
10. Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden. Let cool and serve.