3-4 medium beets, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed
oil and sea salt as needed
1/3 cup feta cheese
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
3 cups arugula
1/4 cup olive or avocado oil
1 tsp prepared dijon mustard
1 tsp ground or fresh grated turmeric
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp honey
optional: 1-2 tbsp prepared mayonnaise for creaminess
big pinch sea salt
To Prepare Dressing:
1. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Blend in a blender or with an immersion blender until emulsified. Use mayo if you want a creamier dressing. Add more honey, lemon or sea salt as desired to taste.
To Prepare Salad:
1. Heat a grill pan over medium high heat. Toss beets and asparagus, separately, in oil and a big pinch of sea salt. I like a dash of garlic powder on the asparagus, as well.
2. Separate vegetables on grill or grill one at a time (grill asparagus first to avoid staining). They will take different amount of time to cook, so avoid placing confusion by placing separately.
3. Grill asparagus 5-6 minute or until lightly charred and soft with a nice bite.
Grill beets 8-10 minute per side until grill marks form and beets are soft through.
4. Let vegetables cool. Once cool, Slice beets in half moons and slice asparagus into bite-sized pieces.
5. Layer 2-4 plates (depending on dinner vs. side serving) with arugula, grilled beets and asparagus, feta and walnuts. Drizzle with dressing before serving.