1 tbsp avocado oil (or oil of choice)
1/2 small onion, diced
1.5–2 lbs chicken thighs (or breast), cubed
1/3 cup coconut aminos
1/2 cup chicken broth (more if you would like more sauce)
2 tbsp honey (coconut syrup or agave work here, too)
1 tbsp sesame oil
4 cloves garlic
1” ginger, minced (about 1/2 tsp)
optional: 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
2–3 cups broccoli florets
sea salt to taste
1. Add 1 tbsp oil to instant pot and heat to sautee function.
2. Add onion and cook until beginning to turn translucent.
3. Add chicken and cook until beginning to brown.
4. Meanwhile, whisk together sauce ingredients (coconut aminos to ginger) and pour over top chicken.
5. Close lid, turn to manual and set to cook for 10 minutes. When finished, release steam. If desired, remove 4 tbsp of sauce and whisk with arrowroot to thicken. Return to pot and stir.
6. Add broccoli to pot and stir. Cover for 3 minutes (on keep warm) or until just steamed. Season to taste and serve.
Serve over rice, cauliflower rice or quinoa.