6–8 large cooking apples; peeled, cored and sliced thin
1/2 tsp cinnamon 1/4 cup sugar 2 tbsp butter, chopped
1 1/4 cup oats (use gluten-free if you need) 1/2 cup almond flour (use whatever flour you prefer; I love the flavor almond flour lends) 1/2 cup brown sugar 1/2 tsp cinnamon 1/4 tsp nutmeg 1/4 tsp ground ginger
pinch sea salt 3 tbsp melted butter 3 tbsp slightly- softened butter
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a baking dish (we used an 8×8″ pan) with butter.
2. Toss apples with cinnamon and sugar. Spread evenly in bottom of pan. Dot with butter.
3. In a bowl, combine oats, almond flour, sugar and spices. Stir in melted butter.
4. Add softened butter and using hands, combine so the butter and oat mixture so it forms crumbs. Spread over top of apples.
5. Bake in oven 40-50 minutes until apples are cooked and topping is crisp.