Oil (avocado, olive) as needed
1 medium onion, diced
1 medium green pepper, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb ground turkey
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp cinnamon
pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
1 can roasted tomatoes (undrained)
1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Juice of 1/2 lime (more as desired)
1 cup broth or water
1/2 tsp sea salt (to taste)
Sour cream or greek yogurt, shredded cheese or avocado, cilantro and green onions to top
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil (avocado, olive) over medium heat. Add onion and pepper cook until translucent. Stir in garlic. Cook another minute.
2. Add in ground turkey and all seasonings. Cook until turkey is no longer pink.
3. Add remaining ingredients to pot. Increase heat to simmering. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for at least 20-30 minutes. Season and serve.
1. Heat Instant Pot to sautee function. Sautee onions and pepper until translucent. Stir in garlic.
2. Add turkey and seasonings. Cook until no longer pink.
3. Switch to manual, add remaining ingredients and cook for 25 minutes. Let naturally release, season and serve.
1. Combine all ingredients in bottom of slow cooker. Cook on low heat for 6-7 hours.