- 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1/2 cup (about 2 oz) chopped pancetta
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 oz sun dried tomatoes
- 5–6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup dry orzo
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups finely chopped kale or baby spinach
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Heat oil to medium-high in a soup pot or dutch oven.
- Add pancetta and cook until crispy. Add onion, season and cook until translucent. Stir in garlic and cook 10-15 seconds.
- Stir in white beans, Italian seasoning, salt, tomatoes and 5 cups broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add in orzo and cook 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally until orzo is cooked.
- Stir in lemon juice, zest and kale. Stir in additional broth if needed.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in heavy cream. Season to taste and serve.