16 oz pasta shape of choice (gluten-free as needed)
6 slices bacon (about 6 oz)
1 head corn on the cob (alternately, use frozen corn- broiling instructions below)
2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes (I like multi-colored), halved or quartered
1 heart romaine lettuce, very thinly sliced
1 batch herb ranch (or 1–2 cups of your favorite ranch dressing)
salt and avocado oil as needed
- Cook pasta in heavily salted water according to package directions. Drain, do not rinse. To cool quickly, spread pasta over a clean baking sheet and let sit until cool.
- Cook bacon in a pan or in the oven (400F for 15-20 minutes on a rack or parchment) until crispy. Set on paper towels to drain excess fat and roughly chop.
- To prepare corn, husk if needed, and rub all over with avocado oil. Sprinkle with sea salt. Heat grill to moderately high heat (around 400F). Grill on all sides until bright yellow and slightly charred in parts. Let cool slightly before cutting kernels off of cobs.
- Combine cooled pasta, bacon, tomatoes, romaine lettuce and corn.
- Toss with 1-2 cups herb ranch (taste for desired amount) and serve as a side or a main with a protein on top.
To broil corn instead of grilling, heat broiler to high. Spread frozen corn in a single layer on a baking sheet, or place whole cobb on baking sheet. Toss or rub with avocado oil and sea salt. Broil for 5 minutes, toss or turn and broil an additional 3-5 minutes- watch carefully to avoid burning!