1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
1 can (1 1/2 cups) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
Smoky Seasoning (below)
avocado oil, as needed
4 tbsp butter
4 tbsp Frank’s red hot sauce
10-12 corn tortillas
To serve: homemade blender ranch (below) and sliced green onions
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp cumin
1 cup mayonnaise (my favorite store bought and homemade)
1/2 cup sour cream or greek yogurt (use more if you prefer it thicker).
1/2 cup buttermilk (cream or half and half work here, as well)
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp dried dill
1 tbsp dried parsley
2 tbsp fresh chives
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix seasoning mixture together.
- Toss cauliflower with 1/2 seasoning mixture, a generous pinch of salt and oil as needed to coat.
- Spread over a large baking sheet.
- Roast in oven for 20 minutes. Toss, add chickpeas and roast an additional 10-15 minutes until cauliflower is soft and chickpeas are crispy. Let cool slightly.
- To make buffalo sauce, melt butter in a large bowl. Whisk with hot sauce. Toss warm cauliflower and chickpeas with buffalo sauce.
- To prepare tostadas. spray 4-5 corn tortillas (as many as will fit on your pan with little to no overlap) with cooking spray and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes. Flip and cook another 3-5 minutes until crispy and golden on the edges. Repeat in 2-3 batches.
- To serve, top tostada shells with buffalo cauliflower and chickpea mixture. Top with homemade ranch and sliced green onions.
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until combined. Add more sour cream or greek yogurt to thicken if desired (will thicken in fridge).