Back to School is on the horizon, and while many of us are thinking about school lunches, our kids also need to eat BEFORE they get to school, and if you’re anything like us, breakfast is just as big a struggle as figuring out what’s for dinner… not to mention figuring out a breakfast that’s healthy, and your kids will actually eat! I love using shortcuts for nutrient dense meals- and one of my favorite nutrient shortcuts for kids is using a kid-specific superfood blend to ensure they’re getting all the nutrients they need for a healthy and focused school day- without the mealtime struggle.
My and my kids favorite is the Amazing Grass Kidz Superfood blend. It’s packed with over 30 wholesome fruits and veggies providing kids with the whole food nutrition their growing bodies need and the amazing taste they’ll love– mixed into milk or water, or in these waffles they’ve asked for every week since I first created them!
- I love breakfasts that are easy to prep-ahead and heat up morning of– and these blender waffles fit the bill! Make them ahead, store in the fridge and re-heat in the toaster or toaster oven.
Chocolate Banana Protein Waffles:
Makes 2 large or 4 medium waffles
1 cup rolled oats
1 medium ripe banana
1 tsp baking powder
⅛ tsp salt
2 scoops chocolate Amazing Grass Kidz Greens
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp maple syrup
½ cup liquid egg whites
1 whole egg
- Add rolled oats to blender and blend until fine meal.
- Add all additional ingredients and blend well until smooth.
- Grease and preheat waffle maker.
- Pour mixture onto preheated waffle maker and cook for 1-2 minutes per side, until cooked through. Serve with your favorite toppings!
Use code HEALTHYMAMA to get 25% off all Amazing Grass Products at amazinggrass.comPrint
Want more budget-friendly meals? The Budget Kitchen guide + recipe collection is here! Over 80 combined healthy and budget-friendly recipes (including 25+ delicious, prep-friendly breakfasts) and a guide to beating inflation and slashing your grocery receipt- without sacrificing taste or food quality. Click here to learn more + download the whole collection!