Research has shown a huge uptick in mood disturbances- everything from anxiety to depression to stress and burnout, in the last couple of years- which is no surprise, given our world but what many of us don’t realize is despite there being a lot OUT of our control, there’s also so much we can add in to support our mood. In today’s episode, I’m chatting with registered holistic nutritionist Andrea Donsky on all things mood– food, supplements and lifestyle shifts we can make for better mood, better gut health and beyond.
We talked about:
- The vicious cycle of stress and our health
- Why being gentle on ourselves with nutrition is important as parents and for mood
- Specific foods to improve your mood
- How food timing can improve our blood sugar balance and mood
- The importance of gut health and sleep in mood health
- Andrea’s top three supplements to improve mood and gut health