1 batch yogurt marinated chicken (see below)
olive oil as needed
pita bread or wrap of choice
romaine lettuce, stemmed and rinsed
grape or roma tomatoes (halved or sliced)
1/4 red onion, slice
Greek Chicken Marinade:
~1/2 cup greek yogurt
juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp each dried oregano + thyme
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs or chicken tenders.
1/4 cup shredded cucumber
1/2 cup greek yogurt
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp fresh dill
sea salt to taste
- Prepare marinade and marinate chicken at least 2 hours ahead, up to overnight.
- To cook chicken: Heat a large pan or grill (I prefer a grill pan or cast iron; a sautee pan will do!) to medium-high with a drizzle of oil to prevent sticking.
- Slice chicken into long strips (alternately, you can skewer into kabobs for quicker cooking). Once hot, place chicken in an even layer on pan and cook until golden, about 5-6 minutes. Flipping and continue to cook until done (around another 5-6 minutes, depending on the size of your pieces.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare tzaziki sauce.
- To assemble: layer pita first with lettuce, cucumber, tomato and onion, chicken, olives and feta cheese. Top with tzaziki and enjoy!
- Grate cucumber and place on top of a paper towel for a minute or two. Squeeze any excess liquid. Combine with remaining ingredients and let sit at least 10 minutes. Season to taste.