Want to add a little fun to your kiddos’ school lunch boxes (with a sneaky side of extra nutrition, as well)?! Make these no-bake monster energy balls for a fun lunchbox side that’s (mostly) healthy- but feels like a treat!
Packed with healthy fats from peanut (or sun) butter, coconut, coconut oil and chia seeds- with the addition of mini m&ms (or chocolate chips) for a little fun, these easy to prep snacks are delicious and filling enough for the whole family- in or out of the lunchbox.
- Don’t skip the refrigeration time! The cold helps the coconut oil firm up, making the balls stick together.
- If mixture is sticky, wet hands lightly before rolling.
- Store in the fridge for up to 10 days.
Monster Energy Balls
Makes 20-25 energy balls
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter or sunflower seed butter
1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup rolled oats (1/4 cup more as needed)
1/2 cup finely shredded coconut
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/3 cup mini candies or mini chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, honey or maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla. Whisk well until smooth.
- Stir in oats, shredded coconut, chia seeds, candies and a pinch of salt.
- Refrigerate for 25-30 minutes before rolling.
- Roll into balls, wetting hands if needed. If mixture is too wet, add an additional 1/4 cup oats. Once rolled, let chill in the fridge or freezer for another 10-15 minutes to firm before enjoying.