I have friends ask me ALL the time how I got Sage to be such a ‘good eater’. There is no secret- we just feed her real food, all the time! Of COURSE she has treats, just like we do- we’re human (tonight she’s having a quesadilla from Chipotle and there probably won’t be a veggie in sight. #reallife). But she knows the majority of the time we eat real, whole foods- and she truly does love them. These are one of her favorite recipes I’ve created, and she asks for the almond butter sauce to dip her veggies in for lunch, too. Bonus: they’re packed with veggies so I know she’s getting a boost of nutrients, too! That’s a winning recipe, in my book!
Asian Chicken Meatballs
1 lb ground chicken or turkey
1 egg or chia egg
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
2 green onions, sliced finely
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp fresh or 1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp coconut aminos
1/2 cup almond flour (coconut flour works, too)
coconut oil as needed
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients up to coconut oil. Let sit for 10 minutes in fridge.
3. Use coconut oil to grease a large baking sheet.
4. Use a bit of coconut oil to grease hands- mixture will be sticky. Using hands, form into 16-20 medium-sized balls.
5. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes, until cooked through. Serve with almond butter sauce.
Almond Butter Sauce:
In a small bowl or blender, combine:
1/4 cup almond butter (no added ingredients)
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp rice vinegar
2 tsp coconut aminos or 1 tsp tamari
1 tsp maple syrup (optional, for sweetness)
pinch ground ginger + pinch garlic powder
2 tbsp almond milk more as needed).
- Blend, adding more almond milk as needed to reach desired consistency.