I asked you guys on Instagram a few weeks ago to share with me the kind of recipes you wanted to see more of; these responses largely determined the recipes I included in my Fall Real Food Family Meal Plan; and the recipes I’ll be sharing on the blog in the coming month. The response? A resounding “one pan and one pot meals!”. I feel you, mama– isn’t it so much easier just to throw it all on one pan?
This recipe combines two easy recipes in one– roasted rosemary garlic chicken thighs and cinnamon honey roasted root vegetables; for a complete one-pan meal with a ton of flavor that is easy to prep ahead (root veggies hold up well pre-chopped in the fridge) perfect for fall and winter nights.
One-Pan Rosemary Garlic Chicken with Cinnamon Honey Roasted Root Vegetables
2 lb bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 4-5)
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 tsp sea salt
Cinnamon Honey Roasted Root Vegetables:
1⁄2 butternut squash, diced
1 medium sweet potato
1 pint Brussels sprouts, quartered
3 carrots, medium dice
2 tbsp olive oil
6-8 sprigs fresh thyme
1 tsp cinnamon
1⁄2 tsp nutmeg
sea salt, to taste
1-2 tbsp honey, melted
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, olive oil, rosemary and sea salt. Pat chicken dry and rub mixture over top of skin.
3. Drizzle a large baking sheet with olive oil, Place chicken thighs in center.
4. Meanwhile, toss vegetables with spices and oil.
5. Scatter vegetables around chicken thighs. Bake for 35-45 minutes, tossing once, until vegetables are cooked through. Toss vegetables with honey before serving.
Get 80+ recipes like this in my Limited Edition Fall Real Food Family Meal Plan, available now.