Homemade Strawberry Puree:
1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
2 tbsp water (more as needed)
If desired: 1-2 tbsp sugar to sweetness
2 tsp cane sugar
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil (more to top)
1/2 lime, juiced (slices to garnish)
1–2 tbsp strawberry puree (see below)
2 oz white rum
4 oz Sparkling water or club soda (I like using Topo Chico)
1. Blend strawberries with water in a high speed blender until smooth, adding sweetener if desired to sweeten. Keeps in fridge for 3-4 days.
1. Muddle basil with sugar and lime juice.
2. Stir in strawberry puree.
3. Add a large handful of ice and pour rum over top.
4. Top with sparkling water and stir to combine. Serve with a sprig of basil and extra lime wedges.