2 1/4 cups blanched almond flour
1/4 cup arrowroot flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
pinch cloves or allspice
1/2 cup sweet potato puree (pumpkin works here, too)
1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
1/4 cup melted coconut oil or butter
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup chopped pecans
Vanilla Cashew Cream Icing:
1 cup cashews, soaked overnight or covered in boiling water, let sit 10 minutes and drain.
1/3 cup apple juice or cider
3 tbsp maple syrup or 2 dates, pitted (you might need an extra tbsp juice to blend)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch sea salt
Sweet Potato Pecan Loaf:
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. Grease a glass loaf pan well.
3. Combine dry ingredients (through spices) in a medium bowl.
4. In a large bowl, combine wet ingredients (through eggs).
5. Combine wet and dry ingredients until smooth. Stir in pecans.
6. Bake in oven for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Once cool, ice with vanilla cashew cream.
Vanilla Cashew Cream
1. Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth. Spread on loaf before serving.