Sugar. It’s a huge buzzword in the nutrition AND parenting world… and I think most of us know, too much of anything isn’t a good think (it’s all about balance!). But added sugar is seemingly everywhere- and it’s affecting our kids. So how do we reduce the added sugar, without restricting our kids from the delicious foods they (and we all) love? In today’s episode, I’m talking with professor of pediatrics and researcher (and dad!) Dr. Michael Goran and dietitian and mom Dr. Emily Ventura on how to identify sneaky sugar and help our kids reduce sugar consumption in a realistic, non-restrictive way.
We talk about:
- How sugar is affecting our kids (it’s not just about weight)
- How to tell if sugar is affecting OUR kids
- How we can avoid the effects of sugar, while still enjoying delicious food
- How we can teach kids about added sugar, without creating fear
- How to bring balance into it- it’s not about taking all sugar away
LISTEN: Listen on iTunes | Listen on Stitcher | Listen on Google Play | Listen on Spotify
Connect with Michael and Emily online:
Connect with me:
Join the Healthy Balanced Mamas Facebook Community
+ view comments . . .