If you’ve ever experienced anxiety, you know it can feel debilitating. We try all the tools and often find our own secret sauce to cope with anxiety, whether it’s meditation or medication (or a combination of both)… but what do we do when our kids experience anxiety? We’re not in their head, and it’s hard to know what to do to help our kids deal with anxiety in a healthy way- now there’s a tool for parents and kids to cope with anxious thoughts, the Warrior Backpack. Today’s guest, elementary school teacher, counselor and mom Julie Reynolds shares how we can help our kids pack their warrior backpack and cope with anxiety, one tool at a time.
We talk about:
- Signs our kids might be struggling with anxiety
- Why it’s important to name it and talk about anxiety
- Simple tools kids and parents can use to cope with anxiety
- The importance of therapy when needed
- What to do if we as parents also struggle with anxiety
- How the Warrior Backpack can give kids the tools they can take (on the go!) to deal with anxiety head on