Growing season is upon us… and I know next to nothing about gardening! Luckily, I connected with Stephanie Leaf- growing, preserving and all around self sufficiency educator who came on the podcast to give us the beginner’s guide to all things gardening, preserving (it’s not just canning!) and how we can start wherever we are at (even in my tiny apartment!) in being more self sufficient and serving our families with home grown food.
We talk about:
- Where to start if you’re brand new to gardening
- How to know whether to start with seeds or seedlings
- How to know what will work in your area
- Why you should wait to dig your garden bed if you’re starting out
- Preserving- what is it and how can we do it safely?
- How we can start being more self sufficient, wherever we are at
LISTEN: Listen on iTunes | Listen on Stitcher | Listen on Google Play | Listen on Spotify
Connect with Stephanie:
Free Garden Guide
Connect with me:
Get the Budget Kitchen Guide!
+ view comments . . .