I love a good Sangria. For those of you new to the drink, Sangria is a wine punch, originating in Spain, and though the traditional ingredients vary widely, red wine is traditionally used- but I love a good glass of crisp white wine in the summer so my preference in the warmer months is a white wine based sangria, like this one!
I like to keep my sangria simple: fruit liqueur (adds sweetness and flavor), a good quality white wine (Dry Farm Wines is always my preference, as they’re lower in sugar- so less chance of a headache the next day), and fruit, but in this recipe, as the Fourth of July is quickly approaching, I added a fizzy twist with some prosecco or club soda (depending on how boozy you want it!). Think fireworks, in a glass!
Fizzy Red, White and Blue Sangria
- 1 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup triple sec (or other citrus liqueur
- 1 750-ml bottle chilled white wine
- 1 cup sliced apple or peach
- 16 oz prosecco or club soda
1) Combine strawberries, blueberries and triple sec in the bottom of a pitcher. Let sit for 1-2 hours.
2) Add white wine, apples or peaches and slowly pour prosecco or club soda (if you want it a little less boozy) over top.
Want it sweeter? Add 1/4 cup sugar or simple syrup to the berries (stir well) or 1 cup fruit juice in place of 1/2 the prosecco or club soda
Don’t forget the apple stars!Print