Watermelon and… cheese?! Trust me on this one– crispy, cool and sweet watermelon with refreshing mint and salty briny feta is a match made in summer heaven!Looking for a refreshing, cool and out-of-the-box side for your next BBQ? Look no further! The best part? The ingredients are simple and the prep is minimal. So grab the biggest watermelon you can find, and let’s get chopping!
Watermelon, Mint and Feta Salad
Serves 6-10 as a side
- zest of 1 large lime
- juice of 1 large lime
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- pinch salt
- 8 cups watermelon, cubed and chilled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup feta (in the brine), crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine lime juice and zest, olive oil, honey and pinch salt.
- Gently toss watermelon with dressing. Lightly fold in mint and feta.
- Top with extra feta and mint leaves if desired. Serve cold!