This is it, you guys- my signature cookie, and it’s here, from me, to you- because it’s #2020 and we could all use a little peanut butter crackle in our lives, right?! You’re welcome and I hope you love it.
First, no, these cookies are not gluten-free, dairy-free, peanut-free, sugar-free or anything free… they are 100% DELICIOUS. I hope you know as much as I love creating deliciously healthy recipes, I also make the real deal and enjoy every bite (as I hope you do, too!).
The recipe was first created based off of a peanut butter cookie recipe from an old Christmas Cookies Magazine of my mom’s that I photocopied (I kid you not!!) in HIGH SCHOOL. There was a suggestion of adding some crystallized ginger to make them peanut butter ginger, and well, the rest is history. I tweaked and chilled and rolled and experimented with temperatures, and you all, this one is IT. Chewy on the inside, crunchy and crackly on the outside with a distinct peanut butter flavor as well as a just-more-than-slight ginger-y spice… You won’t be disappointed, I PROMISE.
Also, an FYI: this recipe makes about 4 dozen, depending on how big you make them. Feel free to freeze half, defrost and bake later- they work just fine (defrost just enough to roll into balls and sugar, before baking).
Makes ~4 doz
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a mixer, cream together butter and peanut butter for about 30 seconds.
- Add in sugars and beat on medium-high until fully combined.
- Add in eggs one at a time, followed by vanilla extract. Beat another 30-60 seconds.
- Add in flour in batches, 1/2-1 cup at a time until combined. Stir in crystallized ginger.
- Let dough sit in fridge for 10-20 minutes to chill.
- Roll into balls and roll into a bowl of turbinado sugar. Place 2″ apart on baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Let sit 1 minute and transfer to a rack to cool completely.
If you make this recipe, would you PLEASE, pretty please tag me in it? HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!
Here’s to health, safety #balance and allll the cookies. ❤️