It is back to school time and I know how hard it can be to come up with lunch ideas for your littles (I’ve got you here, here, and here) (not to mention dinners!).
I know it can also be a struggle to get your kiddos to eat veggies and where I’m not a huge fan of hiding veggies- I AM a fan of finding fun and creative ways to get veggies in, and these hidden veggie chicken nuggets are a great make-ahead lunch, dinner (or both!) AND they’re packed with a whole cup of veggies- so win-win-win, right?!Print
Crispy Hidden Veggie Chicken Nuggets
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 18–20 1x
1 lb ground chicken
1 egg, whisked
1/2 cup ground oats (grind in a food processor until a coarse flour)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
Sprinkle black pepper
1/3 cup shredded zucchini
1/3 cup shredded sweet potato
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs (use gluten-free if needed)
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine ground chicken, egg, oat flour, salt and seasonings. Mix well.
- Add in grated veggies by hand until evenly distributed.
- Spread breadcrumbs in thick layer in a shallow dish.
- Using slightly wet hands to avoid sticking, form into balls and flatten slightly. Dip into breadcrumbs on all sides and place on parchment paper.
- Bake in preheated oven 20-25 minutes, flipping once, until slightly golden and cooked through.
+ view comments . . .