There is a good chance you might be thinking- turkey burgers? What is it, 1994?! Just hear me out. It’s 2021 and I’m bringing turkey burgers back. Not because they’re low-fat (fat is flavor!). But because turkey is a GREAT blank canvas for SO many flavor options! These are my personal favorite turkey burger recipe because they’re easy, delicious and just a little different than your classic beef burger (when you’re looking to mix it up, a bit).
I also sneak in an extra veggie in there– I promise you (and the kids!) won’t be able to tell! Plus, they’re a vehicle for basil aioli- and I am ALWAYS here for basil aioli.
Spinach Parmesan Turkey BurgersMakes 5-6
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg (or egg replacement)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- oil to grease grill (or parchment for baking)
- Heat oil in a grill pan, or preheat oven to 375.
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Mix well and use hands to form 4-6 patties.
- Cook on grill pan, 8-10 minutes per side, or place on greased pan and bake in oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve hot with basil aioli.
- 1/2 cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- pinch sea salt